Transportation Coordinator - Dispatch
Date Posted: December 15, 2016
New Haven Community Schools is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Transportation Coordinator - Dispatch.
Position: Transportation Coordinator - Dispatch
New Haven Community Schools
- Valid Department of Transportation certifications (CDL and BPS)
- 3 years prior public schools transportation experience required (driver and/or dispatch)
- Previous experience in school bus driver supervision preferred
- Precious experience with bus routing software desired
- Ability to relate positively with students, staff and parents
- Experience working with at-risk, low income and/or diverse student populations.
- Evidence of ability to establish working relationships that result in mutual respect.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Responsible for supporting Transportation Supervisor (shared services agreement with Richmond Community Schools) in the overall operation of the Transportation Department and busing for all regular and extra-curricular bus runs.
- Collaborate with the drivers in the enforcement and implementation of the rules/regulations of the Michigan Department of Transportation and the New Haven Transportation Association agreement.
- Provide onsite management for transportation department in absence of Transportation Supervisor.
- Coordinate transportation maintenance needs with Transportation Supervisor.
- Assists drivers and the Transportation Supervisor in working with building administration on matters of student discipline that pertain to student time on the bus and at bus stops.
- Substitute drive when needed due to driver absence or shortage.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
Compensation: $18.00 an hour – 4-5 hours daily Monday – Friday (up to 25 hours a week)
Regular school year plus 20 days as assigned by Supervisor
*There may be additional compensation available when driving beyond normal work day.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, January 3rd 3:00pm
Apply To: Please send letter of interest, resume, certificates and two letters of recommendation to:
(Electronic Submission as one PDF preferred)
Mr. Todd R. Robinson, Superintendent
30375 Clark Street
P.O. Box 482000
New Haven, MI 48048
Questions can be directed to Danielle Ratajczyk at (586) 749-5123
Electronic Submissions should be emailed to: