Jenison/Hudsonville Public Schools Director of Food Service
Posted 1/4/17 – Expires 1/25/17
DIRECTOR OF FOOD SERVICES
JENISON/HUDSONVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational experience with academic major or concentration in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business or a related field. A Bachelor’s degree in any major AND at least five (5) years of experience in management of a school nutrition program will also be accepted.
2. Minimum three (3) years experience in the hospitality or school food service field required.
3. Demonstrated ability with computers.
4. Demonstrated ability in serving customers well.
5. Must enjoy problem solving and working in a variety of situations.
6. Must enjoy working with children, young adults and adults.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Oversee operation and supervision and development of all aspects of the food service program.
2. Develop and administer the program for purchasing of food, supplies and equipment.
3. Develop and administer the program for custodial and maintenance of buildings and equipment.
4. Administer the systems accounting services, record keeping and state and federal reports.
5. Develop and administer the program for menu planning for all areas of food service authority, including special events.
6. Develop and administer controls to monitor financial viability of food service authority.
7. Develop and administer controls to monitor compliance with federal, state and county laws.
8. Coordinate personnel-related programs and services for all employees.
9 Develop and administer the recruitment, selection, scheduling and assignment of all staff.
10. Monitor and supervise evaluation of employees and regular reviewing of job performance evaluations in conjunction with the Assistant Director, Kitchen Manager and other Supervisors.
11. Monitor program compliance with federal, state regulations.
12. Establish a communication network with school staff and administrators.
13. Schedule on a regular basis the Hudsonville/Jenison advisory committee meetings and update the Advisory Committee on all aspects of the food service program.
14. Complete other duties in support of food service authority goals as assigned by the Food Service Advisory Board.
Please apply online at http://www.jpsonline.org by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25, 2017.
Questions may be directed to:
Leslie Philipps, Ed.S.
Director of Human Resources
Jenison Public Schools