High School Math Teaching - Wellspring Prep High School
A Mathematics teacher should have experience and interest in teaching Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus, and/or AP Statistics courses to secondary students at a college preparatory charter high school. The teacher will be expected to be exceptionally knowledgeable about Mathematical concepts and meaningful instruction, connecting the curriculum to real-world scenarios.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Any teacher must possess the ability to perform these essential job functions and typical duties:
- Support the mission, vision, values, and goals of the school.
- Create, plan, and teach a rigorous curriculum while meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate student outcomes through informal and formative assessments.
- Effectively and consistently communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Develops, selects, and differentiates instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
- Experience working with students academically or behaviorally "at-risk" and/or students with special needs is preferred.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and teaching staff.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Familiar with educational technology (Smartboards, Moodle, etc.).
ADDITIONAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Serves on staff committees, IEP teams, Intervention Assistance Teams, grade level teams, and curriculum teams as required.
- Creates, offers, and teaches a one hour after-school elective once per week (electives are based on teacher/student interest).
- Available to students one hour, twice per week for after-school tutoring.
- Assists with student hallway, lunch room, and/or parking lot monitoring before, during, and/or after school as assigned by administration.
Qualifications: B.A. in Mathematics, M.A. preferred; Michigan Certification in grades 9-12
Apply Online at www.prepnetschools.com
Positions will remain open until filled