MT. MORRIS CONSOLIDATED SCHOOLS
MT. MORRIS, MICHIGAN
January 6, 2017
The following position is available:
Application Deadline: January 20, 2017 or until filled.
Beginning Date: Immediately
Compensation & Benefits: Per Negotiated Agreement
Terms of Employment: 12 month position, 8 hours per day
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field.
- Experience in accounting role in a Michigan public school, preferred.
- Eligible for a Business Office Manager certificate by Michigan School Business Officials.
- Experience with SchoolsOPEN software, preferred.
- Effective communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and leadership ability.
- Ability to meet deadlines as requested by administrative personnel.
- Ability to use independent judgment, flexibility and work with little supervision, and make decisions in accordance with District policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to handle confidential information and knowledge of the privacy act.
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with the public, staff, peers, area school personnel and other agencies.
- Must be willing to adapt to new procedures and computer capabilities as they occur.
Interested persons should submit a letter of application and resume to the office of the Assistant Superintendent via hand delivery, US mail or through the Mt. Morris School District’s website
www.mtmorrisschools.org. Please DO NOT email documents.
Mrs. Renae Galsterer, Assistant Superintendent
Mt. Morris Consolidated Schools
12356 Walter Street
Mt. Morris, MI 48458
- Assist Business Office Manager with budgets, monitoring funds and preparation of journal entries where necessary.
- Prepare and enter accounts payable.
- Monitor expense forms submitted by staff and check information for accuracy.
- Prepare and enter accounts receivable.
- Process daily bank deposits.
- Process purchase orders as necessary.
- Assist with grant accounting.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Prepare monthly reports for Board of Education.
- Process latchkey billing and record payments.
- Prepare 1099s annually.
- Monitor and update district cash flows.
- Assist and inform staff and secretaries on business office procedures.
- Assisting with year-end financial and grant audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.