Whitehall District Schools is seeking a dynamic and competent School Psychologist. The ideal candidate holds training and experience related to all aspects of the School Psychologist’s role pertaining to:
- intervention and consultation,
- behavioral and mental health supports,
- assessment and interpretation,
- data collection and analysis,
- school-family-community collaboration,
- understanding disabilities and the supports required to assist students with disabilities,
- understanding of and adherence to legal and ethical standards.
This individual understands the MTSS model and is capable of articulating and implementing the model. This will require coaching, communication, and continuous dialogue around the model and to develop a shared and common understanding among all parties: teachers, parents, administrators, support staff, intervention staff, and students. This individual should have a strong capacity to interact with data not only from the perspective of a school psychologist, but from other stakeholders as well. This position requires the interaction with and dissemination of assessment data at many levels. This position offers a competitive and flexible salary schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide best practice research and assist in the growth and implementation of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Desire to work as part of a team in meeting the needs of students
- Assist in the facilitation of grade level data team meetings and Student Support Team meetings
- Assist in the analysis of behavioral data and participate in Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports conversations
- Able to verbally communicate and consult effectively with parents, school personnel, and the public
- Skills in communicating effectively, both in written and oral contexts.
- Collaborate in the development of evaluation plans, perform comprehensive evaluations within specified timelines, and provide written reports
- Skill and ability to apply and interpret federal, state, and local laws and policies governing the provision of educational services to students with disabilities.
- Other duties as assigned