State Lead - Michigan and Indiana
ACT is an independent, not-for-profit organization that provides a broad array of assessment, research, information, and program management solutions in the areas of education and workforce development. Each year, ACT serves millions of people in high schools, colleges, professional associations, businesses, and government agencies—nationally and internationally.
Learn more at act.org!
Location: Ideally this position will be located in MIchigan
ACT has adopted relational account management practices in which the State Lead maintains the account relationship for the life of the account. This individual develops new business, maintains that business, and expands that business through understanding the needs of the client and bringing ACT’s products and services to the client in a manner that achieves the client’s goals and objectives. The State Lead relies on standard operations and/or client-facing program management to ensure that the delivery of agreed upon solutions satisfies client needs, therefore the State Lead informs the work of these teams.
Typical work-related activities include:
- Maintain working knowledge of ACT’s products and services
- Maintain working knowledge of ACT’s key competitors’ similar products and services
- Develop working knowledge of education industry and assessment business
- Develop new business and maintain existing business of ACT’s standard products and services to clients, as assigned
- Develop and maintain relationships with the state education offices working to maintain and secure state contracts
- Manage objections, coordinate orders, and maintain accurate and current account information in the CRM
- Escalate opportunities and cases according to protocols
- Respond to clients in a timely manner
- Pursue business within established processes and timelines
- Prepare for internal and/or client meetings using adopted ACT methodologies
- Attend and actively participate in ACT meetings, as directed
- Travel as directed to meet with clients, support trade shows and conferences, attend other meetings, or for personal staff development
- Provide progress reports as scheduled by supervisor
- Represent ACT at conferences, trade shows, etc. as directed
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with ACT personnel and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area required; preferably in business; Master’s degree preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Minimum of three years in the education industry required
- Account management experience preferred
- Assessment industry experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong listening, speaking, and writing skills
- Superior ability to read and interpret written material including the recognition of technical terms and jargon
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Competence in using computers, devices, and software including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and CRM (preference for salesforce.com)
- Ability to determine logical solutions to complicated problems
- Ability to set goals and priorities
- Strong negotiation skills
Director, Client Relations
Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
Completion of the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate is recommended. Find a testing site near you to register for the WorkKeys assessments. Finalists for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
ACT is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACT values diversity in people and ideas and participates in E-verify. ACT's online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.